Welcome to our blog.
Blue Peel Radiance Treatment
This is the Blue Peel Radiance taking place. It?s a minimally invasive procedure that helps improve the appearance of skin. During the procedure, your doctor or a specially trained aesthetician carefully applies combinations of powerful solutions to the face, d?colletage (neck and chest), or hands to remove dead skin cells. The solutions penetrate into the skin, causing dead skin cells to peel off. The new skin is smoother and more refined-looking.
Has laser hair removal actually worked for you?
Has Laser Hair removal actually worked for you? Bradford laser clinic MySkyn explores some real facts on why so many laser treatments don?t get long term results.
We decided to address the issue of failed laser treatments because a vast majority of new clients visiting our Bradford laser clinic have asked us to explain why, after a course of treatments in the past using a range of different lasers, their hair has returned.
This is particularly a problem on the face, whilst others have asked why it hasn’t worked at all on fine vellus/baby hair as well as body hair.
How does hair grow back after laser hair removal?
There are many reasons that can cause hair to return, such as:
- Underlying thyroid issue
- Hormones,?e.g. pregnancy
- Polycystic ovary syndrome etc.
Other factors include missing sessions – therefore, missing a hair growth cycle will mean hairs won’t have been fully treated.
Laser hair removal vs. IPL
In other cases, our Bradford laser clinic has discovered that clients thought they were having laser hair removal when in fact it was IPL.
IPL or Intense Pulse Light is a diffused light and it is not as powerful as laser. Hair may be dormant for a while but tend to return. IPL and some lasers also heat the surrounding tissue of the hair which can cause new hair growth, therefore you are in a cycle of removing hair but triggering more growth.
Unfortunately, this results is an area having far more hair than was originally present.
Bradford laser clinic MySkyn recommends…
Lasers are complex machines, but not all lasers deliver the correct wavelength to target thick hair on the body and fine hair on the face. They also vary in the amount of energy they deliver to the hair to destroy it, hence preventing regrowth.
Our Bradford laser clinic recommends:
- No laser hair removal treatment is 100% permanent. The aim is to provide hair reduction by 70-90% and manage its re-growth. We recommended having top up sessions after finishing a course of treatments. This can be anywhere from 6 months to 2 years after the end of your initial sessions.
As soon as you notice any hair returning book a top up session to avoid having to have another course.
- There are many lasers out there for example Nd:Yag, Ruby, Alexandrite and Diodethat are marketed under different brand names. Finding the right laser to treat your skin type, hair colour and texture is key to effective long lasting results. Research the technology behind the laser you are going to invest your money in!
- Choose a clinic that will support your journey throughout the treatment plan. It is essential that the aesthetician is able to analyse your hair growth as you progress through your treatments.
Laser treatments are complex and require adjustments in machine settings which only an experienced aesthetician/therapist will be able to do successfully and safely.
Want to know more? Please get in touch with our Bradford laser clinic for a consultation.
The 4 in 1 super facial with long lasting results!
The GeneO+ is a 4 in 1 super facial that rejuvenates skin, firm?s completion, promotes oxygen generation giving visible radiant and glowing results from the first treatment. With the choice of NeoRevive for skin rejuvenation and anti-aging or NeoBright for skin lightening, discolouration and rejuvenation.
Stage 1 Exfoliate
The upper skin layer is exfoliated to remove dead skin cells and prepare the skin to receive the active ingredients.
Stage 2 Infuse
The Capsugen cleanses the skin while infusing and delivering active ingredients from the nutrient rich gel.
Stage 3 Oxygenate
Geneo+ produces minute CO2 bubbles which burst onto the skin and infuse into the deeper epidermis of the skin. Producing a kinetic force that optimises a chemical reaction for optimal penetration.
Stage 4 Tighten & Contour
Radio frequency stimulates fibroblast activity to produce your own natural collagen fibres and contracts for an instant lifting effect.
Other details about GeneO+
- GeneO+ is a 45-55 minute treatment suitable for all skin types
- Clinically proven to improve the skins appearance via oxygenation
- No downtime
- Immediate results
- Long-term benefits
Please ask in clinic for our latest promotions.